AVPF and AVP in same user. Is possible?

Hi. I work with a telecommunications solution where our PBX is Asterisk. Currently we are in the following situation: We need the user to have a SIP profile be it PJSIP or CHANSIP, where this user can use the service via softphone and webphone. One of the difficulties encountered was the configuration of both profiles, considering that for a webphone profile the flag avpf has to be set to yes and for a softphone profile it should be set to no. I wonder if the Asterisk PBX has a solution to meet the same profile, both avpf and avp. If it does not exist, is it possible and feasible to implement it in future versions?

I answered this on the blog comment as well but this is currently not supported and I know of noone actively working on it. It’s not an easy problem to solve because it becomes complicated when you send a call to such a device. You have to know which one to use in that scenario as sending both may result in the call failing.

Hi, Joshua! Thinking about what you said, I got the Asterisk code (more precisely the “res_pjsip_sdp_rtp.c”) and commented the line that does the SDP check next to the AVPF configuration of the user and boom! Just guess? Worked perfectly! The same profile worked on both Chrome and Zoiper. I think it’s worth it (just a suggestion) to check the AVPF configuration scheme and put a “dynamic” type, for example, where the condition I commented would check this parameter and pass the SDP if it is active.

That’s incoming. Incoming is easy because you can do just that and construct your own SDP around what you received. Outgoing is where the trouble is.

Indeed, outgoing calls do not work, but only for endpoints (softphone recuse). To echo test for example, the call works.

Is there any way to set user settings in real time without having to edit in the settings file? Because will I try to configure avpf based on the user agent

If you used realtime for storing information and manipulated it before using the endpoint you could. There’s nothing built in to do it all for you, though.

Hello again. I did what was proposed above and stayed exactly as I wanted. I wrote my own patch based on useragent information and configured the endpoint. I would like to thank you for the attention and the instant answers, something that is not seen in support of the majority of the existing large companies.