Automatically generating a call when the handset is picked u

Hello

I wonder if anybody has any ideas for me. I work in a hotel and we would like our IP phones in the rooms to dial automatically when the handset is lifted to either IVR or an extension. I have searched the web and forums, but I am getting nowhere. Been trying to work this out for awhile now.

Pls Help

Thanks

Hi This ia a phone dependant feature, as picking up a handset does not send any sip message to *, various handsets do do this.

a work around is to have an context for the room that it doenst matter what the press it go to the IVR

such as
[rooms]
exten => x.,1,Goto(ivr,1)

Ian

Hi

Thanks, I had a thought that the handset is the place to look. Dunno where to start there tho. I have already have a context that when any number is pressed it goes to ivr.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi

Thanks, I had a thought that the handset is the place to look. Dunno where to start there tho. I have already have a context that when any number is pressed it goes to ivr.

Thanks for the reply.

What handsets do you have?

I know that with our phones (analog or legacy PBX phones converted to SIP ones with a Citel Portico TVA http://www.citel.com) we can do some tricks in the dial plan to match an empty dial string (i.e. on seize) or a timeout (i.e. on seize + timeout) to a specific URI to call.

We are using Linksys SPA942’s. Been looking at the dial strings, but it makes no sense to me.

From the phone;

Dial Tone = 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2)

Dunno if this has anything to do with it or if it helps.

I guess you are going to have to get some support from your dealer or Cisco.

Lol, thanks, if only it was that easy.

Deepest darkest africa and all…

But thanks for the help

You can create “hot line” phones or “ring down” phones by modifying the dialplan of the SPA-942.

Here are some examples:

The following dialplan implements a “hot line” phone, which automatically calls 1 212 5551234 immediately.
( S0 <:12125551234> )

The following dialplan provides a “warm line” to a local office operator (1000) after five seconds, unless a four-digit extension is dialed by the user.
( P5 <:1000> | xxxx )

You should be able to put one of the above dialplans into your phones and make them dial a specific extension in your Asterisk system.

Good luck.

Yippee, I luv ya man, now I can sleep again : ),

U da king dufus, thanks alot man. :stuck_out_tongue: worked like a charm…[/quote]

No problem.

Incidently, this solution works on the Sipura SPA-841 and the Linksys SPA-941.

They’re all essentially the same software, and their dialplans are configured the same way.