Automatically forward call to next hunt group timeout

Hello: I am new to asterisk and apologize to all forum members in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.

I have a user that wants to immediately forward to the call to the next number in the hunt group:
I.e. when my number is dialed ext 4844 and I’m on the phone I hear beeps, the caller gets 7 rings before it is then transferred.
I’d like it to immediately be transferred when I’m on the phone?

here is her extensions.conf file:

I was thinking of adding in the following code after line1

same => n,GotoIf(["{DIALSTATUS}" = “BUSY”]?busy:unavail)
same => n(unavail),Dial(SIP/5781,10)
same => n,Hangup()
same => n(busy),Dial(SIP/5781,10)
same => n,Hangup()

but since the phone automatically goes to the next hunt number I’m not sure that would do any good.

any suggestions? i’m a server and citrix guy not a phone guy :frowning: :frowning:

again: I apologize in advance if I overstepped my boundaries on this forum.
Thanks forum members.
Quinn

You need to enable call counters then test the device state for in use. There is a possible race condition if a new call is offered between the test and the Dial.

PS apologising for not finding previous answers makes it sound as though you didn’t try. The correct defence is to say what you’ve already tried, e.g search engine queries.

You could use the DEVICE_STATE function

GotoIf($["${DEVICE_STATE(SIP/${SIPEXTENS})}" != "NOT_INUSE"]dial:unavail)

Thanks for the help forum members:

I was able to resolve my issue by inserting the following code:

same => n,Set(SIPTIMEOUT=${IF($[ “${DEVICE_STATE(${SIPEXTENS})}” = “INUSE” ]?1:15)}) ; If busy, 1s / else 15s
same => n,Set(SIPTIMEOUT1=${IF($[ “${DEVICE_STATE(${SIPEXTENS1})}” = “INUSE” ]?1:15)}) ; If busy, 1s
/ else 15s
same => n,macro(assessor-std-call,${SIPEXTENS},${SIPTIMEOUT},)
same => n,macro(assessor-std-call,${SIPEXTENF1},${SIPTIMEOUT1},)