Automated Calls with no Hangup time

Hello guys, i will like to know how can i modify asterisk to make automated calls and stay on call till the other party hangup the phone.

im reading this instructions from the voip-info page : voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … o-dial+out

but my main point is to learn how to put the calls on wait till the other side hangup the call.

best regards.!

Hello.

And how are you doing it when calls are not automated?

Do you wonder how to make a dial attempt last forever? Just don’t use timeout option. It’ll try for 136 years by default.

Don’t use an ‘L’ option in ‘Dial’ also.

I’m not sure all this really belongs to call automation.

[quote=“garias”]i will like to know how can i modify asterisk to make automated calls and stay on call till the other party hangup the phone.

but my main point is to learn how to put the calls on wait till the other side hangup the call.
[/quote]

This is extremely simple, and you have many ways to achieve this task : the easiest way is to use originate command and send the call to context who is playing music on hold infinitive. You can automated the call using a cronjob or you can try with call files

Note though that, depending on details of the network and the type of line the callee is on, it may take up to 3 minutes after the callee hangs up before Asterisk is notified of this.