Asterisk (with NodePhone) - Siemens C470IP configuration

Ok I’ve never used Asterisk before… but I’ve setup Asterisk following these settings: http://www.internode.on.net/pdf/products/np-business-trunks-user-manual.pdf

I’m with NodePhone so I have configured.

This is my sip.conf

[code][general]
;For registration use your Service ID and password to register on behalf of the devices.
register => 07xxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx@sip.internode.on.net/s
registertimeout=60
context=default
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes

[nodephone]
context=nodephone
type=friend
username=07xxxxxxxx
fromuser=07xxxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxxxxxx
fromdomain=sip.internode.on.net
host=sipconnect.internode.on.net
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
nat=no
insecure=very

[1001]
;HomeLine
callerid=NodePhone Line 1
context=nodephone-outbound
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=xxxxxxxxxxx
mailbox=1001
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=no
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw[/code]

This is my extensions.conf

[code][globals]
;-----------------------------
; Users
HomeLine=SIP/1001

[nodephone]
;send incoming calls from specified number to the appropriate extension
exten =>07xxxxxxxx,1,Dial(${HomeLine},20)
exten =>07xxxxxxxx,n,Hangup

[nodephone-outbound]

[/code]

Obviously I haven’t got xxxx where my phone number and passwords are…

I’ve got my C470IP configured… not 100% what I had wrong initially… but its registered now…

but I’m still getting the demo-congrats playing when i dial in to the home phone using my mobile…

I also don’t know how to configure the outgoing calls to use nodephone yet…

So I have:

Asterisk box <=> NodePhone - working (as I get the default asterisk demo message when i dial in from my mobile)
C470IP VoIP Phone <=> Asterisk box - working as it is now registered and logged in…

So i still need to get working:
Outgoing calls <=> NodePhone - I think this might be because its not configured in extensions.conf? but I’m not sure how to do that?
Incoming calls <=> Handset - needs to go to handset rather than playing the demo-congrats file… which i’m not sure where its coming from as i started with a blank sip.conf and extensions.conf files… so it must be coming from another conf file…

Any suggestions?

I have played using the following under the nodephone-outbound option in the extensions.conf file:

exten => _X.,1,Answer exten => _X.,2,Wait(5) exten => _X.,3,Playback(tt-monkeys) exten => _X.,4,Hangup
And that worked, I hear that when i try to dial any number… but I’m unsure how to configure it so that it uses my VoIP (NodePhone) account to make the call…

First: Incoming calls from Your provider:

Change

to

and You should be done (minimum Your phone should ring) (the second 07xxx-string needs of course to be replaced with exact this 07xxx-string used in context nodephone)

Second: Outbound via the provider:

the context nodephone-outbound should at least contain something like

assuming that You dial the outbound number exactly in the way nodephone likes to get it.

Thanks so much… I’ve now got outgoing working…

Incoming isn’t quite yet though…

I’m getting this error:
Call from ‘’ (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060) to extension ‘07xxxxxxxx’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘default’.

Not sure as to what that is caused by…

This is really strange as You’ve defined context=nodephone in the definition of the provider-context, but the call is routed to default, where this extension (07xxx) doesn’t reside.

First thing You could try is to set type=peer instead of type=friend for [nodephone]. If this helps You’re done, otherwise please enable debugging at the asterisk cli with

make an inbound call to Your number registered at nodephone and post the debug results here.

Ok I have it working but I’m not 100% sure that is correct…

This is what I have now:

sip.conf

[code][general]
;For registration use your Service ID and password to register on behalf of the devices.
register => 07xxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxxxx@sip.internode.on.net/07xxxxxxxx
registertimeout=60
context=nodephone-inbound
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
tcpbindaddr=0.0.0.0
tcpenable=yes
srvlookup=yes

[nodephone]
context=nodephone-inbound
type=friend
username=07xxxxxxxx
fromuser=07xxxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxxxxxxx
fromdomain=sip.internode.on.net
host=sipconnect.internode.on.net
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
nat=no
insecure=very

[1001]
;HomeLine
callerid=NodePhone Line 1
context=nodephone-outbound
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=1001
mailbox=1001
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=no
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw[/code]

extensions.conf

[code][globals]
; Users
HomeLine=SIP/1001

[nodephone-inbound]
;send incoming calls from specified number to the appropriate extension
exten => _X.,1,Dial(${HomeLine},20)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

[nodephone-outbound]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/nodephone/${EXTEN})[/code]

So I changed the context from global to nodephone-inbound in sip.conf… but I’ve got a funny feeling its not even using the nodephone portion of sip.conf for some reason? should the register part be all in nodephone rather than global?

If it is not using the entry, you have allowguest=yes, which is usually a bad thing, for security.

Other bad things are using type=friend, rather than peer, and almost certainly using insecure=very, rather than invite.

If the register is wrong, you won’t get any incoming calls.

In addition to david55 (I suggest to make all changes he described):
To dig into the problem You should enable a sip debug before trying to receive a call.
Whenever the defined context for a peer is not detected by asterisk it’s mainly a problem of a different IP-address where the INVITE comes from (Your config - defeined as a peer - would expect the INVITE to come from sip.internode.on.net or 203.2.134.1) If the INVITE comes from any other IP-adress it will be sent to default (in casae of allowguest=yes) or rejected (in case of allowguest=no)