Asterisk VOiP call initiating through Code

Hi,
I am a .Net Web Developer and i need some help regarding Asterisk. i am working on a project and need to know some thing about the scenario i want to work on. actually i am working on a call center application and my requirement is that user can initiate call from its browser and i don;t know whether it is possible or not because WebSites don’t have anything to be executed on the client machine all the code and other stuff is always on the WebServer if there is any possibility doing that through Server plz help me about it. I have googled this topic and found something called IAX clients but i think IAX clients are more like creating your own softphones. please help me out of this issue any help and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Yes, this is possible through Asterisk ami interface, phpagi.sourceforge.net/ .

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

i got an AMI for C#.Net from sourceforge.net/projects/asterisk-dotnet/
its a good library but i still confused about how i can place a call on behalf of another user and the call should be create for that user from my code. i only know is the extensions of my agents eg 6000,6001 but i don;t know where to put the target number i want to call in originate action and how to specify which agent will get that call?.

The “Channel” parameter is the agent’s extension, the “Extension” parameter is target number, the “Context” parameter is important too, is the context to call outside.

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

Thnx Bruni.
i got it working thnx alot.