Asterisk SMS

Hi,
I am planning to tie a Nortel DMS switch with Asterisk PBX via an SS7 trunk.
I want to use Asterisk only as a Voicemail/SMS storage Box.

I have been told that when a person leaves a Voicemail than an SMS needs to be sent to the switch ( probably a special number)  to indicate to the called party that there is a voicemail waiting.

Which Asterisk SMS is best suited to address this scenario i.e. on leaving a voicemail it should trigger the SMS portion and that SMS should confor with any standard requirement for using SMS as a voicemail notification tool. Please keep in mind that I also plan to use SMS for regular SMS message exchange.

Regards,
Girish

[quote=“girish_a”]Hi,
I am planning to tie a Nortel DMS switch with Asterisk PBX via an SS7 trunk.
I want to use Asterisk only as a Voicemail/SMS storage Box.

I have been told that when a person leaves a Voicemail than an SMS needs to be sent to the switch ( probably a special number)  to indicate to the called party that there is a voicemail waiting.

Which Asterisk SMS is best suited to address this scenario i.e. on leaving a voicemail it should trigger the SMS portion and that SMS should confor with any standard requirement for using SMS as a voicemail notification tool. Please keep in mind that I also plan to use SMS for regular SMS message exchange.

Regards,
Girish[/quote]

This is how I do it:

exten => 1000,n,Macro(voicemail_sendsms,00324763788xx,${CALLERID(num)},${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%d.%m.%Y-%H:%M)},${EXTEN})
[macro-voicemail_sendsms]
exten => s,1,NoOp(${ARG1},${ARG2},${ARG3},${ARG4})
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${DIALSTATUS} = BUSY]?busy)
exten => s,n,VoiceMail(${ARG4}@default,u)
exten => s,n,Hangup()
exten => s,n(busy),VoiceMail(${ARG4}@default,b)
exten => s,n,Hangup()
exten => h,1,System(/usr/bin/curl -s "https://www.intervoip.com/myaccount/sendsms.php?username=${intervoip_username}&password=${intervoip_password}&to=${ARG1})

Thanks.
I will try to incorporate that and see how it goes.

Regards,
Girish