Asterisk queues

Hi all

i need to create a queue in wich the 4 members start ringing with an interval of 10-15 seconds…
someone could help me please…

Go and take a look here asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/ … terisk-ACD

I have the book…but i’m not able to create that…

Why? In which part are you stucked? Share your configs and show us the problem.

Hi…and thanks…

i don’t find how to start ringing member 1 …after 10 seconds add member 2 and so on…

P.S. …using asterisk 11.11…queue music on hold restarted everytime periodic announce starts…

upgrading to Asterisk 11.16 the problem resolved…and music keep going on without restarting…

I have done so applying a little bit of logic to dialplan

exten => 3,1,Set(CHANNEL(musicclass)=11) <----------------- set music on hold
exten => 3,n,RemoveQueueMember(test,SIP/55) <------------ reset queue member at all
exten => 3,n,RemoveQueueMember(test,SIP/33) <------------ reset queue member at all
exten => 3,n,RemoveQueueMember(test,SIP/11) <------------ reset queue member at all
exten => 3,n,RemoveQueueMember(test,SIP/77) <------------ reset queue member at all
exten => 3,n,AddQueueMember(test,SIP/55) <-----------add first member to queue
exten => 3,n,Queue(test,10) <----------- start queue with 10 second timeout
exten => 3,n,AddQueueMember(test,SIP/33) <--------- add second member
exten => 3,n,Queue(test,10) <------------ restart queue with added member and 10 seconds timeout
exten => 3,n,AddQueueMember(test,SIP/11) <-----------and so on…
exten => 3,n,Queue(test,10)
exten => 3,n,AddQueueMember(test,SIP/77)
exten => 3,n,Background(ruta) <----------------play message
exten => 3,n,Voicemail(11@default)
exten => 3,n,Hangup()

maybe you need to read this section deeply—> asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/ … D_id288901

Basically you have a linear strategy and you define the timeout at 10seconds

I have read that…maybe not deeply…
i’ve understood that members ring one after another…or not? :open_mouth:
with this config members are added sequentially (don’t ask me why the customer wants this behaviour)…and after a few seconds they’ll ring alll together…

Based on your diaplan is an overkill to use a queue. You can do that using only the DIAL application. The Queue command give you the availabilty to have more statistics of Users and agents.