Asterisk Queue call back question

I am calling to my internet provider and my call is placed to his Asterisk Queue, so I have to wait for 2 hours for them to answer and this is really annoying.

How can I have my Asterisk calling me back to my cell phone when they finally answer my call?

I just need to know what would be the trigger here for my Asterisk to know that they answered the line?

They are probably answering the call early, in which case there will be no formal signal. You would need to experiment to see if there was some characteristic sound pattern at the point of answer. Basically, any answer is going to depend on the fine details of their configuration, not just on the behaviour of Asterisk.

If they are reachable by the PSTN, delaying the answer would, typically, result in the PSTN operator dropping the call after a few minutes, which is why I assume that they answer early.

[quote=“david55”]They are probably answering the call early, in which case there will be no formal signal. You would need to experiment to see if there was some characteristic sound pattern at the point of answer. Basically, any answer is going to depend on the fine details of their configuration, not just on the behaviour of Asterisk.

If they are reachable by the PSTN, delaying the answer would, typically, result in the PSTN operator dropping the call after a few minutes, which is why I assume that they answer early.[/quote]

Thank you david55 for your prompt reply!

No Actually I plan to place them into my Asterisk Queue after they answer the call. It will be a message played by my Asterisk for them to know that they have to wait and call is in transfer…

All I need to know - how to trigger my Asterisk from the point my call was in their Queue to the point it was answered?

If they are really not answering the SIP call until the agent answers, which I doubt, you an use the G option on Dial, followed by a bridge to complete the call, or you can use call files.

If they are answering the SIP call, my original reply stands.

OK thank you!

Thank you David55, but should’t this macro work:

exten => 695,1,Dial(SIP/1103,mM(callback^388))
exten => n,Hangup

[macro-callback]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => n,WaitExten(10)
exten => n,SendDTMF(${ARG1})
exten => n,Wait(1)
exten => n,StopMusicOnHold

There are several ways of gaining control on Answer, however:

The macro is run on the called channel, so Answer will have no effect.

It would be, at best, unwise to use WaitExten in this context, and I don’t see any extensions to which it could jump.

Musiconhold is being set on the calling channel, so stopping it in the macro will have no effect - it has probably stopped when the macro was run, anyway.

I’d need to see the full context and the know what the numbers represented, to understand what the rest of it is trying to do. However, I would note that the DTMF will be sent to the channel from which it just failed to capture any digits.