Asterisk PBX

Hi,

We are the leading telecom company from India working on PBXs.We need asterisk PBX for our applications development purpose.I tried downloading Asterisk 1.4 and Asterisk 1.6 from (asterisk.org/downloads). On extracting the files both are showing as corrupted files. I am using Windows XP .Please suggest me how can i download and run Asterisk on my machine

Regards
Vibhor

I just tried downloading asterisk-1.4.24.targ.gz from there and WinZip was perfectly happy with it. It looks like the problem is at your end.

What is the evidence that the file is corrupted?

Following are the messages i get on unzipping the files.

! C:\Documents and Settings\VIBHOR SINGHAL\My Documents\Downloads\asterisk-1.4.24.tar.gz.gz: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\Documents and Settings\VIBHOR SINGHAL\My Documents\Downloads\asterisk-1.4.24.tar.gz.gz: CRC failed in asterisk-1.4.24.tar.gz. The file is corrupt

Do i need Linux installed on the machine to run Asterisk??
If i want to run it on Windows XP than how can i do that??

You’ve got a bogus extra .gz on the end of the filename, possibly a browser problem. IE has a tendency to do that sort of thing. Try renaming the archive to its proper name.

I believe Asterisk can be built for NT, but most serious users would either use CentOS Linux or one of several embedded Linux systems.

ok …Thanx