Asterisk multisite & DISA-billing?

could anyone clear this up for me please:

1. VPN our GRE tunnel?
    if we wanted to have an asterisk multisite, with one *box in France and the other in Poland, what would be the pros and cons setting it up as a VPN tunnel our GRE tunnel?

2. DISA billing with multisite
    let’s say someone of the office in Poland does a DISA with GSM or landline to the Poland *box in order to phone a french GSM or landline. The call is transferred to the french *box and “gatewayed” to the french PSTN or GSM operator. Now who pays what?

Let’s say it’s a GSM > GSM call.

The caller should logically pay:
a Polish GSM > landline call (to polish * box)
a French landline > GSM call (from french * box)

is that correct or do i oversee something? The French agency with the *box doesn’t pay a dime right?

Now surely i guess it’s technically possible to do a DISA directly to the french *box, but i guess that this would have no interest as it would be considered as a reguler Polish GSM > French landline call?

Does anyone have experience preferring doing a DID call with local polish number to the french * box? Would that be any cheaper than a DISA call to the polish * box as discribed?

[quote=“iasterix”]could anyone clear this up for me please:

1. VPN our GRE tunnel?
    [/quote]

Sorry, I’ve no experience with that.

[quote=“iasterix”]2. DISA billing with multisite
let’s say someone of the office in Poland does a DISA with GSM or landline to the Poland *box in order to phone a french GSM or landline. The call is transferred to the french *box and “gatewayed” to the french PSTN or GSM operator. Now who pays what?

Let’s say it’s a GSM > GSM call.

The caller should logically pay:
a Polish GSM > landline call (to polish * box)
a French landline > GSM call (from french * box)

is that correct or do i oversee something? The French agency with the *box doesn’t pay a dime right?[/quote]

WRONG!

For the PSTN the call ends at the first * box. The caller pays only the GSM > landline call (to polish * box).

The call from the french * box to the GSM phone originates from the french * box - they will be billed for that!

This makes sense only if you have a contract with the caller and send him the invoice afterwards (or you work with prepaid accounts).

Correct - but if this really is of no interest depends on the costs of this call compared to the effort for two * boxes and the monthly fee for the internet connections. You’ll need a lot of calls to save money. And I’m not sure if it’s cheaper to call the * box and have a second outgoing call to a GSM phone in the same country or to call the GSM phone directly from a foreign country. It depends…

Ciao
Marcus

thanks for clearing that out.

well, both sites planned ANYWAY to gradually move to voip with * boxes, that’s why i thought about the possibility…

would u know of any correct (free?) DID providers for the european countries?