Asterisk & ISDN: Why no P2P with AVM FritzCard PCI V2.0

I was planning to setup my first Asterisk server using an AVM FritzCard PCI V2.0 for ISDN connectivity. The problem is, it’s an ISDN Point-to-Point connection (“Anlagenanschluss”), and I just stumbled over this statement on AsteriskGuru:[quote]Another big difference between active and passive ISDN cards is in working on Point to Point (P2P) (see below) configured lines. A passive card like the AVM Fritz PCI cant’ work on P2P configured lines.[/quote]
Does anybody have a clue, why ISDN P2P is not possible with such a passive card, or is that info already outdated? AVM is providing Linux CAPI drivers, that’s all I know by now.

I really didn’t want to invest in another ISDN card, especially as I have that FritzCard already laying around here.

Does anybody have a clue, why ISDN P2P is not possible with such a passive card, or is that info already outdated? AVM is providing Linux CAPI drivers, that’s all I know by now.

I really didn’t want to invest in another ISDN card, especially as I have that FritzCard already laying around here.[/quote]

I think a cologne chipset card also works.
But with an AVM B1 it will work for sure.

I have no idea, which chipset the AVM FritzCard PCI has (it’s actually in use in another machine), but in another forum I was pointed to chan_mISDN, which seems to work with the FritzCard, and also supports P2P.

I’m not sure, because mISDN seems not to be very stable, and I didn’t find any success report using a FritzCard on a ISDN P2P connection.