Asterisk hangs up when remote end goes to voicemail

I am having a problem with my Asterisk system where it hangs up the call if the other end goes to VoiceMail instead of a person answering. I am guessing that it has something with my zapata.conf file but I can’t find it. When I call those #'s with a regular phone I do hear a CLICK as it switches to voice mail (if that helps any).

Asterisk Ver 1.2.5
Clone x100p

zapata.conf

[channels]
callwaiting=no
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echotraining=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
immediate=no
language=en
busydetect=yes
; Define Channels
context=to-117
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1

Thanks
Tim B

My boss is having the same problem. He is using a SNOM 320 on our Asterisk 1.2.7.1 system which was upgraded from 1.2.5 yesterday. It also had the same problem on 1.2.5. It only started showing up this week. I am able to go into my cell phone and Vonage voicemails without any problem.

We are on a PRI with a Sangoma A102 card so my zapata.conf is a bit different than yours.

I am using tr in my dialplan. We use ## for transfers but it did the same with using just a single #.

; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=from-pstn
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
switchtype=5ess

group=>1
context=>from-pstn
signalling=>pri_cpe
channel=>1-10
faxdetect=>both
callgroup=>2
pickupgroup=>2

group=>2
context=>from-pstn
signalling=>pri_cpe
channel=>11-20
faxdetect=>both
callgroup=>5
pickupgroup=>5

group=>3
context=>from-pstn
signalling=>pri_cpe
channel=>21-23
faxdetect=>both
callgroup=>4
pickupgroup=>4

;Include genzaptelconf configs
#include zapata-auto.conf

;Include AMP configs
#include zapata_additional.conf

Found a fix (sort of). I had a # I could call that caused the hangup every time, so I enabled debug & verbosity at level 10, called the # and looked at the results. For some reason ‘dsp.c:1294 ast_dsp_busydetect’ interpeted the CLICK as a busy tone and hung up the line… Setting busydetect=no fixed my problem (I will have to see what other problems it causes). I don’t think it will fix Teran’s problem as the documentation for zapata.conf claims that busydetect is an Analog Trunk Setting…