Asterisk Getting crashed

Hi I just found a difference in asterisk.conf file

ServerA with OS Centos 6 Series
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules

ServerB with OS Centos 6 Series
astmoddir => /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules

actually asterisk getting crashed automatically again & again and it gets automatially restart as well sometime

You know this sounds like…

My first car is a petrol car.

My second car is a diesel.

Could not get to work today, cause the road was closed…

Im assuming you have a question somewhere… But a bit hard to find.

What is your question?

Just remember, that good questions with lots of information have the best chance to get a good answer.

Ops I am sorry but actually we are facing challenges asterisk came out automatically and then we have to restart the service…
sometimes it gets restart automatically .
This is happening with existing setup which we were using for past 2 years suddenly 3-4 servers came out from asterisk -r suddenly , asterisk gets restart on 3-4 servers suddenly sometimes on same time and sometime happen with 1 server, and same happen with 2nd server later.

I have checked full log could not find any error. I was checking the difference of config file and found these one.
modules were installed on working system under usr/lib however same is installed under usr/lib64 will it make any issue.

Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?

this error also come and I always use root user

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace

Hi David…Thanks I have enabled DONT_OPTIMIZE and BETTER_BACKTRACES from make menuselect do I need to install asterisk again or just saving this would be good enough.

You need to go through up to and including as make install. You don’t want to disturb the configuration files, although I don’t think it will do that, anyway.

make sample & make config…No right?

Those are the ones I would leave out.

I have enabled those option in make menuselect and make install is done.
I also installed gdb tool to get output however getting below error while running the below command

gdb -se “asterisk” -ex “bt full” -ex “thread apply all bt” --batch -c core > /tmp/backtrace.txt
/root/core: No such file or directory.
No stack.

If you run Asterisk with the normal scripts the core file won’t be there. I think safe asterisk puts it in /tmp or /var/tmp.

The other possibilities are ulimit is set not to allow it, or you are running asterisk set user.

Good conversation so far! I would like to point out though, checking the /var/log/asterisk/full log may tell you where the crash is occurring (as the last item that Asterisk tries to load before it dies will be the last item in the log).