Asterisk does not detect channels down

Hi All,

I have developed a custom application 2 years ago to reproduce the current hour, is pretty simple. With Asterisk 1.2, zaptel, and using a clone server I have no problems, now with a IBM server X3200 and Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6 I got a rare issue.

If I have very low traffic (3 or 4 calls) the system works fine, but once the traffic is over 10 calls the channels starts to get down until the entire PRI is down. I still do not know why this is happening but the rare situation is that when I throw the command pri show spans asterisk is still reporting the link Up and Active.

I have installed lippri version 1.4.10.2, any idea about what is happening?

Regards.

pri intense debug should help a little
what is the duration of those calls ?

Thank you fdragowski for your answer. I have already made with the telco a trace over the E1 euroISDN and will try to explain the errors that we saw:

• Some calls with Setup msg from Ntwk with no answer from *, then after 10 sec Release Complete msg from Ntwk
    Ntwk -> Setup

… no answer from Asterisk

Ntwk -> Release Complete

• Here starts going down the channels until get the entire link:
    Ntwk -> Setup
    Astk -> Call Proceeding

… no Connect msg from Asterisk

Ntwk -> Disconnect

… More than 10 sec after

Astk -> Call Proceeding
    Astk -> Call Proceeding
    Astk -> Call Proceeding
    Astk -> Call Proceeding
    Astk -> Call Proceeding
    Astk -> Call Proceeding
    Astk -> Connect
    Ntwk -> Disconnect
    Astk -> Connect
    Ntwk -> Release
    Astk -> Connect
    Astk -> Connect
    Astk -> Connect
    Astk -> Connect
    Asterisk sent more than 20 Connect msgs when the Ntwk already sent the Disconnect and Release msgs.

After this miscall the Ntwk tried to start new communications with no answers from Asterisk and the channels went down while asterisk is still reporting then UP with pri show spans. I have already tried different distributions getting the same issue with fresh install and after updating: Trixbox, Elastix and AsteriskNow.

Any other ideas?

Regards.

What card are You using to provide E1 to asterisk ?
I found that certain verison of wanpipe for sangoma can’t set pra up with wanpipe+zaptel+asterisk
One of the drivers for Junhannsen BRA can’t send “release complete” and 1 channel was always unavailable.

Yours * don’t answer and network wants to restart pra. (I meet reversed situation once).
Whole server isn’t at 100% CPU usage ?
Provide some information about hardware and drivers version.