Asterisk Call Centre 50 Seats

Hi,

How stable is the asterisk call Queues for Call Routing for 50 Seats. I need 4 PRI’s no trunk. I have read about people having issues with call routing due to which the Zap channels cause asterisk or Linux to crash , or the call Queing not being refined due to which asterisk crashes.

Anybody who can advice me on what hardware to choose and how should i go about the installation. Also how stable is Asterisk Business Edition and what is the Best hardware to choose. Should i use PRI Voip gateways(eg. audiocodes) and totally eliminate zap channels or should i have multiple asterisk servers , one which routes calls blindly, one which does the queing.

Thanks and Regards

Take a look at queuemetrics.com - they have some decent s/w. 50 calls using a separate gateway is a cinch for a server to deal with. We use a separate Cisco router with PRIs going in to it for our connectivity to the PSTN. This takes the load off the server. Currently we use a 3662 with NM-HDV-48-DI cards.

We use the public distribution of asterisk and it runs well for us - we’re on version 1.4.20. We run it on Centos version 5.

For servers, we use HP/Compaq DL-380 G5s. It has been a good platform for us and we use that platform for a lot of other servers as well.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

we have 160 seats and two asterisk servers. One for outgoing calls and one for incoming calls(IVRs,queue, etc.) Each server have 2 cards - Sangoma 104DE and are based on INTEL S7000FC4UR-ENTERPRISE with 8GB RAM where 6 GB i set as a RAMDISK for call recording(improving quality) and two quad core xeons. Everything works fine - uptime is now 110 days :smile:

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.
I am specifically concerned about the Asterisk Call Queues application. We don’ t mind spending on the ABE if it is sure to work for a 50 queue scenario.

Also, Queuemetrics in my opinion is a purely reporting and analysis tool. Do they have Asterisk apps as well?

Thanks