Asterisk-addons compile problems chan_ooh323 and rtp.h

I am installing Asterisk 1.4 on Ubuntu… I am built all Asterisk components from source and all the required software, I used aptitude. I have no problem with the Asterisk build and install… My asterisk install was compiled with major supporting apps (curl, mpeg123, openh323c) and development packages…

For asterisk-addons, I can configure the source fine… Make install is the thorn… Without going executing make menuselect , I get chan_ooh323.o Error 1. I go back to the point where failure occured and its this line error: asterisk/rtp.h: No such file or directory

I do have this file on my system /usr/include/openh323/rtp.h

Not clear as to location where asterisk/rtp.h suppose to be . Is it looking for asterisk dir in the current directory?

I entered menu select and detached the option for ooh323, then their was a mysql problem…

I tried to apt-get asterisk-addons, but it wants to install asterisk, eventhough it is already installed…

And NO, I do not want to install asterisk from apt-get…

Any help or guidance will be appreciated…

It might be you are missing some other dependencies. I usually build asterisk/asterisk-addons with the following packages without problems:

apt-get install bison zlib1g-dev libncurses5-dev openssl libssl-dev liblame-dev libmysqlclient15-dev libxml2-dev libtiff4 libtiff4-dev mpg123 libmad0-dev libspeex-dev speex linux-headers-`uname -r`

If you are still unable to compile, can you please let me know what version of asterisk, asterisk-addons and ubuntu are your running?

thanks for response… I have most of those apps… here is my aptitude install…

sudo aptitude install libconfig-tiny-perl libcupsimage2 libcups2 libmime-lite-perl libemail-date-format-perl libfile-sync-perl libfreetype6 libspandsp1 libtiff-tools libtiff4 libjpeg62 libmime-types-perl libpaper-utils psutils libpaper1 ncurses-dev libncurses-dev libncurses-gst ncurses-term libnewt-dev libnewt-pic libxml2 libxml2-dev libspandsp-dev libspandsp1 build-essential unixodbc vpb-driver-source automake gettext html2text libiksemel3 linux-source bison linux-source-2.6.28 make binutils subversion kernel-package linux-headers-2.6.28-11-server zlib1g-dev zlib1g libssh-2-dev libssh-2 libssh2-1-dev libssh2-1-dbg unixodbc-bin unixodbc-dev libopenh323-1.19.1 libopenh323-1.18.0 libopenh323-dev
libmpg123-dev mpg123 libmysqlclient16 libmysqlclient16-dev

I am running ubuntu 8.04 and asterisk 1.4