Asterisk 20: app_confbridge: Can announcements be sent to a subset of users?

I’m playing around with confbridge on Asterisk 20 and I want to have announcements to only some of the users. Here is my current PoC config:

[general]

[dialin_bridge]
type=bridge
; 1: Only one non-admin caller (external) allowed                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
max_members=1
; TODO                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
;record_conference=yes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
;record_file=</path/to/file>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
;record_file_append=yes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
record_file_timestamp=no

[dialin_bridge_external_user]
type=user
admin=no
marked=no
startmuted=no
music_on_hold_when_empty=yes
music_on_hold_class=default
quiet=yes
hear_own_join_sound=no
announce_user_count=no
announce_user_count_all=no
announce_only_user=no
wait_marked=yes
end_marked=yes
end_marked_any=no
dtmf_passthrough=no
timeout=7200
answer_channel=yes

[dialin_bridge_internal_user]
type=user
admin=yes
marked=yes
startmuted=no
music_on_hold_when_empty=yes
music_on_hold_class=default
quiet=no
hear_own_join_sound=no
announce_user_count=no
announce_user_count_all=no
announce_only_user=yes
wait_marked=no
end_marked=no
end_marked_any=no
dtmf_passthrough=no
timeout=7200
answer_channel=yes

The goal is the conference will have one dialin_bridge_external_user. For this user this will seem like a normal call, without any announcements or enhancements. So for this user I’ve set quiet=yes.

The bridge may contain one or more dialin_bridge_internal_user users. I’d like for these users to hear announcements, so that they know when other internal users join or when user leave.

In fiddling with this config I’ve been able to get announcements for everyone, or announcements for no one. I haven’t found any documentation to this effect but I’m beginning to assume that if an announcement goes to one it will be mixed to all. Is that accurate?

You could possibly whisper in with ChanSpy() to select channels.

Good suggestion. I’m guessing my assumption is accurate, then, that this behavior isn’t supported natively by the confbridge app? I’d like to know to make sure my baseline knowledge is complete.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.