Asterisk 11 under HyperV 2012 R2

Hi friends,
I am not a Linux expert… please, help!
Our Asterisk is running under HyperV 2012R2 since 2016.
When we installed this server, we did setup with legacy network adapter, because there is an issue with Broadcom adapters. From some months, we are getting a problem with network adapter. It loses connection, and we need to restart the network service. I feel this problem started after some update in the hyperv host, but we have other VMs and only this Linux Centos 6.10 is having this problem. I already did update the LIS to the latest (4.3.3). I did buy another network of other brand to avoid broadcom, but when I try to change my network adapter to Standard (not legacy), the linux is hanging after some minutes running with tcp dump panic screen. I have many components running in this server (crm, billing, etc) and reinstall will be a nightmare. Please, any suggestions?
Thanks,

This is not an Asteriks issue , also description of the problem indicate a driver issue I suggest you follow the followin link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2986895/virtual-machines-lose-network-connectivity-when-you-use-broadcom-netxt

Thanks Ambi!
I already did all microsoft workarounds like this. I bought another network card of other brand to avoid Broadcom. I understand that my problem is not in Asterisk, but I know that in this community, I believe that many people virtualize Centos to run Asterisk, and I really appreciate if someone could give me a light. Do you know or suggest where could I pay a commercial support for my problem? I am between Microsoft (because I still believe that is related to Hyperv), but could be a bug in my Centos (and I didnt find any commercial support in Centos website)… RHEL?

Well if you share any relevant log message tha could help to give you that light, onCentos 7 you can use journalctl command to view logs on Centos 6.X you will need to go to the folder logs

CentOS 6 is EOL next year. So I’d recommend upgrade instead of reinstall. To start on that path, spin up a test CentOS 7 VM, and if it does not experience network outages while running on the same HyperV, then it might be a good time to start planning on the rest of the components. Take small steps!

I am moving to a newer Asterisk. I just want to share the console message that I got yesterday, when the network stopped.

INFO: task modprobe:9489 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
Tainted : G W ---- ------------ 2.6.32-754.11.1.el6.i686 #1
'echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message

This is exactly what I am getting!
My fear, is migrate to Centos7, and still get this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.