Asterisk 1.8/gtalk stop working after a few days!

Gtalk worked very well on my asterisk 1.8 installation for a few days. It was working yesterday morning but it stopped working in the evening without any change from my side. I could hear the rings but cannot reach the other side. Not sure what happened. The asterisk log shows:

NOTICE[672]: chan_gtalk.c:1942 gtalk_parser: Remote peer reported an error, trying to establish the call anyway
I changed the gtalk number that I was using but it still did not work. The numbers are fine if I made call from gmail web page.
Looks like others also have the same problem, e.g., dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … fc3364f7ed.
Ward from nerdvittles.com believe the problem is because google is policing constant connection from his PIAF. His solution is to only connect during the hours of phone call (pbxinaflash.com/forum/showpost.p … stcount=34).
Does plain asterisk 1.8 keep constant connection with gtalk? If it does, I think a better solution will be only make connection during the call. I don’t know if it is possible.

[quote=“twinclouds”]
Does plain asterisk 1.8 keep constant connection with gtalk? If it does, I think a better solution will be only make connection during the call. I don’t know if it is possible.[/quote]

Yes, the connection is kept constant.

I don’t think it’s a better solution to only try to connect when making an outbound call; then, you couldn’t receive inbound calls.

Cheers.

Constant connection may not be the problem. However, this looks like a real issue right now. See: issues.asterisk.org/bug_view_ad … g_id=18412.

While it might be a real issue, it might not be something we can do anything about. If the breakage was on purpose, that would certainly lead one to conclude the efforts on our part to “unbreak” it, might be fruitless over the long run.