Asterisk 1.6.2 installation and AMI development

Hello Guys,

I have just registered to this forum. I have started to learn about Asterisk few days ago. Now I need help is

1. How should I install Asterisk 1.6.2. when I downloaded from official site? After downloading, it listed so many folders like agi, apps, autoconf, etc. How to install it?

2. Now I went to this site http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+manager+API. However, I was wondering which program I should use to implement AMI script without java-based language. Normally, if i want to implement Asterisk with java then I will use Eclipse but don’t know above question.

Hopefully, I will get quick help from you guys.

Have a nice day.

TFOT pages 48 onwards.

However the basic open source installation rules of read INSTALL, and if that is missing REAME, gets you most of the way.

Hi,

Could you help me with Q2? I still don’t have clue about Q1. David, you asked me to find ‘install’ but wasn’t included in the package and Readme doesn’t tell us how to install but have recorded some script examples. Could you please tell me what software or anything you guys are working with?

I also need help with Q2 especially. What specific tool I should use to implement Asterisk Manager Interface(AMI) script without java-based?

Thank You again for a little advice.

[quote=“King Akki”]
doesn’t tell us how to install [/quote]

[quote=“King Akki”]I also need help with Q2 especially. What specific tool I should use to implement Asterisk Manager Interface(AMI) script without java-based?
[/quote]
Any procedural language that supports making TCP connections.

We use VB.Net, but PHP and Perl are quite common.

Hi David,

Thanks for great advice. I have one more question is if you check this http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+PlayDTMF. They have given an example of AMI command Action PlayDTMF. But they didn’t use any procedural language. Just AMI command code. Why? I thought there must 2 options either with procedural lang. or straightway AMI command something like that.

You can run the procedural code on a human brain and interface through a telnet client, however that is not a practical way of using AMI in the real world.

If not practical way then tell me how you work on it. Can you help me with another post. The title is Need help with writing command when telephone prompt says