Asterisk 1.4.17 - Ring Group Limits And Help

Hello,

We are currently running Asterisk 1.4.17 with Kernel 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 and was hoping you can assist in finding a solution for our Ring Groups.

We are expanding our call takers but are finding once we go over the 18 user limit in one group, the system doesn’t ring the original 18 users any more, it will have random extensions ringing sometimes ones that are not even defined. This is not helping us as a department as its causing us the inability to expand our group.

Here is my ring group from extension.conf:
CorporationGroup=SIP/User1&SIP/User2&SIP/User3&SIP/User4&SIP/User5&SIP/User6&SIP/User7&SIP/User8SIP/User9&SIP/User10&SIP/User11&SIP/User12&SIP/User13&SIP/User14&SIP/User15&SIP/User16&SIP/User17&SIP/User18

My first question, is there a user limit in a ring group? If not, what are we doing wrong in our setup?. I can send more of my configuration upon request.

Thank You All In Advance!!

Why don’t you use Queue application for your setup?

We are definitely planning to implement queues in the coming months, but I guess the company didn’t expect huge growth to implement queues in the first place, and just had a handful of users originally.