I use the self-compiled Asterisk 1.2.5 on Linux (22.214.171.124) and the same source on Mac OSX (10.4.5).
So I can find differences.
The Linux version works fine. The Mac OSX version had some minor (as I thing) issues on “make install” (‘sed -r’ doesn’t work on Darwin).
The main problem on Mac OS X is that ‘dial’ doesn’t work.
I found out the following:
- The file ‘app_dial.so’ is loaded and shown with
*CLI> show modules
but not shown with
- I diffed the “help” outputs from Linux and Mac OSX and found the following differences:
15,16d14 < answer Answer an incoming console call < autoanswer Sets/displays autoanswer 18d15 < console Sets/displays active console 27d23 < dial Dial an extension on the console 49d44 < flash Flash a call on the console 51d45 < hangup Hangup a call on the console 92d85 < mute Disable mic input 107d99 < send text Send text to the remote device 181d172 < transfer Transfer a call to a different extension 183d173 < unmute Enable mic input
However on the console I find also:
[app_dial.so] => (Dialing Application)
== Registered application 'Dial'
== Registered application 'RetryDial'