Are 144 port analog channel banks available?

I want to convert our legacy hospital patient room system to something powered by Asterisk, but I need analog port densities higher than the 24-port and 32-port systems that everyone is selling. Does anyone make channel banks or other FXS equipment in port counts that would work to serve 200 analog phones? Call traffic is not that high, maybe 25 or so concurrent calls.

Thanks in advance if you have any information.

Hi your 144 port density unit is made up of cards that are normally 8 or 16 ports all slotted together.

you have to think of gateways the same way, IE in a 19" inch rack have the required number of Sangoma vega gateways. This way if one fails you dont have to down all extentions

Thanks for the info on the Sangoma line of equipment. It looks like the Sangoma Vega 5000, with a 50 port FXS count will work pretty well.
http://www.sangoma.com/products/vega-5000-analog-gateway/

I would seriously consider using lower densities in a healthcare setting, it is normal practice in design so that units can be hot swapped out with minimal disruption.
What are you replacing ?

I am replacing an NEC PBX. It services our analog sets in the patient rooms as well as the digital sets at the employee desks. It is really old and I would like to replace it in phases.

If I go with more channel banks with lower port density, do I need to establish a trunk to each device, or are they somehow “stackable” so I manage the entire stack as one unit?

Thanks for the advice, I just need to understand how they work.

[quote=“wingnut”]Thanks for the info on the Sangoma line of equipment. It looks like the Sangoma Vega 5000, with a 50 port FXS count will work pretty well.
http://www.sangoma.com/products/vega-5000-analog-gateway/[/quote]

You might also look at the Adit 600 channel banks – 48 Ports fxs/fxo depending on cards selected and these mux down to two standard T1s that can then be connected to Asterisk or through a Redfone type device as TDMoE.

arcelect.com/Carrier_Access_ … l_Bank.htm

red-fone.com/products-new/fonebridge/