Answering Service

Need some support.

I am starting an answering service. We are taking after hour calls from other businesses. For instance a dental shop would forward their after hour calls to us, we would take down the callers information, and then email this information to the dentist.

I don’t know much about PBX’s and I need the following.

1. A program that would be suitable for an answering service. For instance when someone calls the business information, for instance the dentist needs to pop up.
  2. Need to be able to route calls to certain agents which are a priority to that business. For instance certain agents would answer only dentists, other lawyers.

Please lead me in the right direction, I am somewhat lost:)
Thanks
Nickolas

hi,

1)For the first part you wil hav to do some programming in some languages…may be in php,pearl or something…

2.Need to be able to route calls to certain agents which are a priority to that business. For instance certain agents would answer only dentists, other lawyers.

This depends on how many lines do u have…If u got only one line then u wil hav to probably land the calls to a IVR and route the calls to the group of agents…maybe if u dial 1 it wil go to a group of agents who wil answer the call for densists like that…but in IVR u wud hav to specify dial 1 for dentist dial 2 for lawyer…

And if u got more than one line mathc the CID and transter the call to group…