Answer then festival does not work

Asterisk 1.2.16
Sip call with a direct route to custom-app based on CID.

exten => s,1,Answer
;exten => s,n,PlayBack(recorded)
exten => s,n,Festival(‘Please be advised. Recording of this conference has been enabled.’)

If I do a channel answer and then directly a festival t2v the program hangs and does nothing after the answer. If I add a wait(2) after the answer it still hangs. If do something major like a playback, it then runs festival just fine.

Any ideas?

No really… does anyone have an idea? Or is no one interested because it is 1.2.x asterisk???

Bump.

have you tried flite, its “lighter” and faster than festival

just an idea

Ian

Is it your theory that festival will not run directly after an ‘Answer’ because it is slower? Then why is slower NOT an issue if I execute a ‘PlayBack’ first?? I am tring to understand.

you must run festival_server script before…have you done it?

first off … festival works. It for some reason will hang the script if it follows an ‘exten => s,1,Answer’. If I use a ‘Wait(2)’ after the ‘Answer’, it will hang.

script hangs:

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Festival(‘Please be advised. Recording of this conference has been enabled.’)

or

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Wait(2)

If I do something like:

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,PlayBack(recorded)

The script works fine and festival works. Now… why does the script hang in the first scenario.