Amportal versus xxx.conf

Config files such as sip.conf, extensions.conf, voicemail.conf, zaptel.conf apparently can be used to configure the way aah works. But amportal can be used to configure aah. If I add extensions using amportal, why aren’t those extensions added to the xxx.conf files.
And, the default xxx.conf files appear to cause a ten second delay between answering a pstn call, and ringing any extension, during which time all my callers hear nothing and hang up before the ring group action begins. Are the default files designed to do this for a reason? I find it hard to believe that a PBX could have that long a delay and still be considered as a serious contender as a telephone system.

Hi

By the sounds of it you have got fax detect on, But AAH is the reason of the delay. * its self has little or no delay dependant on config.
Best thing to do is watch the verbose output when a call comes in and see what a AAH call goes through before it even gets to ring a phone.

Ian

you might find more specific answers to your AAH questoins in teh AAH portal. Everything is in the *.conf files - look closely, see the include files within the main ones, etc.

AAH, which is basically AMP layered with a few other packages, uses AMP’s dialplan. Any such behavior you see is a symptom of AMP, not Asterisk.

p

I concur that it sounds like a fax detection issue. If you’re not using fax inbound, try editing the appropriate zapata file (sorry I don’t remember the name) in /etc/asterisk to disable fax detection.