I have a framework I’ve built around the Asterisk Manager Interface. It works great, but I’ve recently had to migrate my this framework to a different box. The other box that hosts Asterisk/Manager has not changed or moved at all. Also I added the new box’ IP address to manager.conf and reloaded the manager. But now the AMI login is broken.
- do login as a challenge/response
- same exact method is used to log in to AMI as before, where it worked peerlessly
- added new IP address to manager.conf and reloaded
- login to AMI via TCP sockets fails
- user and password have been triple checked – they are correct
Errors from login failure:
- Client from [some host] failed to authenticate in 30 seconds
- Connect attempt from [some host] unable to authenticate.
- these are received back to back
Does anyone know of all cases that cause this authentication error? If I know all cases that cause the problem hopefully I can eliminate them one by one. Thanks!