Aastra 9113i

Did anyone get the this phone working with the message waiting indicator light?

I left voice messages for the mailbox but the lamp does not light up.

you mean the 9112i or 9133i ? either way, yes, the MWI works. do you have the phone configured correctly and sip.conf set properly ?

Yup, I was able to make calls to and from the phone.

The only thing I can think of is that currently I do not have an entry for the registrar IP address and port set up on the phone.

However, if I do configure the registrar IP and port, the lamp stays on regardless if there’s a voicemail or not. In addition, it will display “no service” in the LCD.

does your sip.conf entry for the phone include a
mailbox=exten@context

if not there will be no mwi…

Yes I do. Sorry, I forgot to mention that my WIP5000 receives the voicemail notifications. I also have the SIP registar settings configured on this unit. Unlike the Aastra phone, I do not have a message displayed “no service” on this one.

[quote=“nwong”]The only thing I can think of is that currently I do not have an entry for the registrar IP address and port set up on the phone.
[/quote]
without it, it’s not going to work.

I’ve re-applied the registrar settings but the lamb will not go off when there’s no message. In addition, the LCD still shows “no service”.

there’s a thread from a few days ago with some config help :

forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=7887

see if that helps.

Thanks all!

I figured out what the problem was. I had to change the host to dynamic rather than entering the IP address. In addition, I upgraded the firmware to 1.4