AAH 2.5 vs Asterisk 1.2.4

Hello all!

I’ve got a question for all you knowledgeable men’s! I’m playing around with Asterisk for a couple of weeks now because we want to use it instead of using our traditionnal PBX.

We basically want our Asterisk to emulate a Telco, with all the functionnalities that comes with it.

I manage to get all the ‘*’ functions working properly, but I have some trouble with the *67, which is to block the Caller ID.

In order to get something to work with, I installed AAH (Asterisk at Home, 2.5). The *67 works perfectly with it!

But I still want to use my 1.2.4 Asterisk version, with no GUI because I want to learn it from scratch. I want to be able to master asterisk completly, and I figured that programming myself all the functions as long as setting up everything from ground up is the best way to do it.

Now my problem is that in the AAH extensions.conf, there’s no mention of the *67 whatsoever!

Now my 100$ questions;
How that AAH perform that function?
How can I program it in my asterisk 1.2.4 version?

Any clue, hint, something that would lead me in the right direction is glady appreciated! Thank’s to all!

In general, for AAH, if you have foo.conf, look at foo_additional.conf and/or foo_custom.conf.

Hummm… weird stuff, I don’t have these files on my AAH!

To make sure, I ran the command;
find / -name ‘foo*’

And I got nothing of the 3 files mentionned above…

Thanks anyway, could have been something!

sigh… i didn’t mean literally ‘foo’. i meant, if you’re interested in a file X.conf (using regular asterisk), you need to look at X_additional.conf and/or X_custom.conf under AAH…

:blush: hehe, my Newbe mistake.

I actually did that before my 1st post. I guess trying out to hard and for too long made me see blurry! That’s why I’m confuse, I mean, even if it’s not in the actual extensions.conf, it must be linked to it somewhere…

I’ll go at it again, as you mention, it must be there somewhere.
I’ll keep you updated!

Thanks!

in general, with AAH, when you need to tweak something, it’s usually possible to tweak it in the X_custom file, not the X file itself.

… I really don’t see it!

Since I can’t rely on my eyes right now (can’t see straight!), I use the grep command in my folder /etc/asterisk.

cat *.conf|grep ‘*67’

And it only gives me that ‘67’ in the mgcp.conf file, in comments!
So I have 2 choices;
1- The file is in another directory (which would be odd since this is the default directory for all the .conf file related to the extensions.conf), or
2- This function is bundle elsewhere… (which is odd too since all the others '
’ functions are there!)

hummm… I need coffee!

It should be in extensions.conf in one of the [app-…] blocks. I don’t have a version of AAH installed here, only AMP, which doesn’t include that functionality.

look in the zapata.conf file for this

hidecallerid: (Not for FXO trunk lines) For PRI channels, this will stop the sending of Caller ID on outgoing calls. For FXS handsets, this will stop Asterisk from sending this channel’s Caller ID information to the called party when you make a call using this handset. FXS handset users may enable or disable sending of their Caller ID for the current call only by lifting the handset and dialing *82 (enable) or *67 (disable); you will then get a “dialrecall” tone whereupon you can dial the number of the extension you wish to contact. Default: no.
hidecallerid=yes

But isn’t there a way where I can program that function in my extensions.conf file? Like all the other ‘*’ functions? Because bottom line, that’s what I try to accomplish… I tried several things but what I have right now is:

[app-blockcallerid]
exten => *67,1,Goto(app-blockcallerid-perform,s,1)

[app-blockcallerid-perform]

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Set(DB(BlockCID/${CALLERID(number)})=YES)
exten => s,3,DISA(no-password|full)
exten => s,4,Hangup

My goal here is to do the exact same thing as a Telco, which is, pick the handset, (tone) dial *67, wait for another tone and then call a number…

I’m starting to question myself as if it’s possible or not…

Like I’ve said before, look at extensions_custom.conf. AAH sets things up so various contexts in that file are included into the main extensions.conf file, so you may be able to finessed it that way…

… But this is not AAH anymore… I installed AAH on another computer only to find out how they’ve done that *67 feature… Since I want to build my asterisk from sctrach (for learning purposes), this is the 1.2.4 version…

But anyways, I did look into all the different contexts linked to extensions.conf in AAH and there’s no such thing as *67 anywhere… I even tried to grep *67 in all the .conf file and nothing came out… So I’m sure that it’s not there… I don’t know if anyone has AAH installed, but if they can find that *67 feature in any on the .conf files in /etc/asterisk, heck I’ll give them 100$ through Paypal!! lol

But seriously, I think that function is programmed the way Rusty mentionned it in previous post. Now I really want to program it into my extensions.conf, and I was wondering if anyone of you guys already did that or would know a way to make it work properly…

Anyways, if by any chance I do get that function up and running the exact same way as the Telco, boy I’ll be an happy men! … I’ll post it here in case of anyone wanted to do the same thing…

… thank’s for all your answers, I appreciated…

Its not a dial-plan function, its part of Zaptel, which is why you need to configure it in zapata.conf.

Not sure I agree. I have two IAX providers and a PSTN provider. If I pick up the phone and dial *67 and then a number to call, I want to block CID regardless of whether the call is handed off to an IAX provider or verizon, so why is this a zapata issue?

Exactly!

I’m into phase 1 of our project, which is mainly testing purposes… We use IAX to speak between our boxes since the compression is better, (the overhead is less than SIP, so it takes less ressources). So if someone dial a number and it’s in the same building, my dial-plan is configured to process the call with IAX instead of going out on the PSTN. So obviously, this is transparent to the guy that calls, which means he should be able to use that *67 function in all situations…

It must be configurable through the extensions.conf, I just haven’t found the right way to do it yet…

So anyways, if anyone of you has a clue of some sort, don’t by shy to post you answers!! :smile: