Asterisk 16.9.0 on CentOS 8 - Bad file descriptor errors spamming like crazy

Anyone know whats up with this? New VM with CentOS 8 and 16.9.0

[Apr 11 04:51:18] WARNING[2179] chan_unistim.c: Recv error 9 (Bad file descriptor)
[Apr 11 04:51:18] WARNING[2179] chan_unistim.c: Recv error 9 (Bad file descriptor)

My log is spammed by this so often that after a server is up for 30 minutes my logfile is 3 gigs!! It chews up my CPU usage like crazy too. Thinking about a downgrade back to CentOS 7ā€¦

Do you need that channel? If not you can de-select its module via make menuselect. Otherwise, you can close its port via your firewall.

or just noload in modules.conf

Yeah I did that and it started spamming another Bad file descriptor for something else, so I just downgraded my OS back to CentOS7 and Asterisk 13 and now Iā€™m fine again. Whatever lol.

CentOS 8 and Asterisk just seem to not mix IMHO.

Mhm. Please, report such things on the issue tracker. Otherwise nobody ever looks into that. Do you remember in which module that other bad-file-descriptor happened?

1 Like

Mhm. You reported it already ā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.