4 trunks in "deadlock" :( [RESOLVED]

This is my first time configuring asterisk for a T1 and I’m running into a little trouble…

I have an E&M wink T1 that is split at my Adtran TA 850 channel bank. 20 lines go to regular pots style telephones, the remaining 4 get sent out the DSX port to my * box via a TE110P card. I believe the T1 card is functioning properly, because alarms are generated in the * log when it’s unplugged, but I’m not sure about how to configure the 4 individual DID trunks.

I currently have them configured to Zap/1-4 (group 0) as em_w lines. However everytime I try to dial out I get an error stating every line is “off hook” and when I try to dial in I get an “all circuits are busy” message, with no messages coming from asterisk.

Since my other pots style phones are all working properly, the I figure the problem must be at my channel bank. So I called my telco and they said that the * box must be configured to handle the DIDs and that the 4 DID trunks were in “deadlock” and to power-cycle my channel bank. Resetting my channel bank did not make any difference. I also found out at this time that they assigned me 20 DIDs for only 4 lines (if anyone can explain this, please do)

My ultimate goal in this is to kill the Adtran altogether and just run the full T1 into asterisk. But in the meantime, the other 20 phone lines must be available to support a small call center.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

post your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf to start

Once again, thanks for your quick reply, here are my conf files. Any ideas on what’s going on? My telco said that they even tried sending winks to these lines and they did not come unlocked.

My zaptel.conf is:
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1-4

My zapata.conf is:
[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=from-pstn
signalling=em_w
switchtype=national
rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
callerid=asreceived
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
faxdetect=incoming
channel => 1-4

A technician came out, as it turns out my telco told me the wrong channel numbers coming off my DSX port, since I’m only using 4 they told me that I should be recieving them as the first 4 channels on the * box, instead they were the last 4.

All is well now though, asterisk is working and I’m no longer swearing about it :smile:

ah, so instead of 1-4, you should have been on 21-24…i’ve done that before. we have several T1’s split 12 local/12 long distance, and some have the LD channels first, others have the local channels first.

keeps you on your toes…

good luck.