3000 Endpoints Asterisk Server

I would like to have Asterisk Implementation to support 3000 registered endpoints. High availability along with zero downtime is required. It will be a pure VoIP and no integration with PRI/PSTN/Lync/Skype/etc is required. Can someone suggest me what would be the ideal hardware requirement and cluster topology. Will Kamailo with Asterisk is the way to go forward. How may endpoints can a single server(quad core XEON with 64GB RAM) support. How many Servers will need to be implemented. Please suggest.

In general you will not get answers to sizing questions other than statements of particular configurations that work. In any case you have not provided switch occupancy figures or the type of usage (even the latter could make an order of magnitude difference in the CPU load).

However, for any computer system, zero downtime is an impossible requirement, so you need to provide a more realistic availability target. Note that Asterisk doesn’t have design features needed for host standby.

[quote=“david55”]In general you will not get answers to sizing questions other than statements of particular configurations that work. In any case you have not provided switch occupancy figures or the type of usage (even the latter could make an order of magnitude difference in the CPU load).

However, for any computer system, zero downtime is an impossible requirement, so you need to provide a more realistic availability target. Note that Asterisk doesn’t have design features needed for host standby.[/quote]

30-40% of the lines may be active at any given point of time. I am also open to use Voice Compression Cards; can multiple cards be used on single server as one card is capable of just 120 bidirectional calls. I understand zero downtime is unrealistic hence I would like to go for best up-time possible. CDR and Call Recording is also required. Also, can you suggest how much active lines can a single server support, based on this may be i can opt for multiple Servers in 1:1 HA configuration. e.g. If one server supports 500 active lines, then I can have 2 Servers for every 500 active lines in LinuxHA which totals to 12 Servers for 3000 Lines. Plus 2 Kamailio Server in Cluster for SIP Registration followed by 2 MySQL Cluster Servers. Is it possible to do it this way ?